IllusionMUD II Features - Additions from CircleMUD 3.0 Patch 3-8
- Cheap Rent (1GP/day regardless of equipment)
- Camping if you can't find a reception (if you can't afford renting, you have a big problem)
- NO Free recalls for classes other than clerics (except possibly for newbies)
- Grouping encouraged
- 50 levels, NO immortality by just killing MOBs
- Extended socials list (boring... but... good for expressing feelings)
- Theme is Good versus the Evil who wants all magic and life
- All players encouraged to be Good/Neutral-aligned
- In the world of Krynn, Let not the Dark Queen take magic and soul and rule the world in singularity!
- Memory/slot based instead of mana (memorize instead of waiting for mana to regen)
- Enhanced list of spells with affects, damage, room-affect, instant death
- Plenty of affects, includes HASTE, FEEBLEMIND, Globe of Invunerability, Fireshield, and more!
- All casting classes have offensive and defensive spells except Knights (who will have to depend on physical prowess and healing abilities)
- Chant times! Will you cast a powerful spell or do melee attacks?
- Can hold one object in each hand only, no more light field
- Armor can have "permanent" spell affect bits on them
- These affect bits are bestowed on the wearer
- This means armor can have spells bestowed on them, which is automatically transferred to the wearer!
- Example: Armor that has permanent FLY on it so the wearer will always be flying!
- There are also "bad" affect bits too, so beware (like poison!)
- Eye, earring slots for wear
- True Dual-Wielding
- Shield will interfere with dualwield
- True 2-handed weapons - No wielding of two 2-handed weapons!
- Multiple attacks per round and more
- Sorted look screen (top are head wears, bottom are feet)
- MOBProgs accessable by OLC
- A few more intelligent mobs
- Enhanced MOB storage format (more customizeable)
Player Classes, Races, Playability
- Full ANSI Color available
- Objects save on player
- Player classes
- and much more!
- Rangers, Knights, Druids
- Class subclasses
- Mage orders: White/Red/Black robed
- Cleric orders: Good/Neutral/Evil
- Knight orders: Training, Shield, Sword, Rose
- These determine which spells are received
- Player Races
- Bonuses and deficiencies for all(except Humans)
- Race tells which classes can be what type of class(es)
- Qualinesti/Silvanesti/Kagonesti Elves
- Mountain/Hill Dwarves
- Kender, Gully Dwarves, Gnomes
- Humans, Barbarians, Minotaurs
- On-Line Creation for Gods via OasisOLC (mobprog and standard)
- Inter-MUD Chat, part of the ICE-MAN network
- Many on-line tuneable features
- Independent Melee Attack Rates!
- Time between your melee attacks are not the same as your opponent
- Can implement special mobs that attacks up to 6 times per second!
- Programmable time between attacks in 0.5 second increments
- Default of 3 seconds between attacks (standard)
- Hasted characters need only 1.5 seconds before next attack
- Petition channel for gods only to hear
- Trying to minimize confusing connectivity problems
- Trying to remove all death traps
- Reboot without link loss
- player optional PKILL
- reimplement identd
- On-Line Casino
- Clan features (think about them...)